First, let me say I am a terrible blogger! It has been months since I posted...I'll blame it on TIME, or lack of.
On to what this post is about...
What a GRANDmother!
Five short weeks ago I lost my Grandmother, she had lived 86 great years. She had some health issues, but overall lived an active life. She was always ready to go watch my kids play their sports, swim their meets, act their parts in church plays, etc. She was their biggest fan, especially Colby. He was special to her and I hope and pray he doesn't forget that as he grows up. Grandma was a hard worker, lover of children, and lover of family...
I could always count on her to help me when I needed it, and boy do I miss that constant in my life right now. She also taught me the importance of family, education, and CHURCH! Growing up if the church doors were open at Lamar (or Mt. Olive) Methodist Churches, my grandparents had me there. She was a Methodist and proud of it! During her eulogy, the preacher said, "She was a godly woman!" And I guarantee you she was! Although we all miss her terribly, I am so excited for her new beginning...the one she is living now!
One more very important point that I have given a LOT of thought to in the last weeks is the word LEGACY. BOTH of my grandparents left a legacy with ME, my kids, my family, and this community. Will each of us leave a legacy, one to be proud of...one that your kids and grand kids can look up to and be proud? I know what her legacy was: being a GRANDmother in ALL ways...
What will your legacy be?

No comments:
Post a Comment