What's new in my life...pure excitement over my upcoming bedroom makeover!! I have had one main goal since passing National Board, and that is replacing my 18 year old bedroom set. While I loved it THEN, I am much older now and have wanted something new for a LONG time! Well, when we built our new house that was much larger than the old one, we had/wanted/needed to buy new furniture to fill our new home. And the bedroom furniture had to wait...
We also need new mattresses extremely bad! I can't wait to sleep on the new ones!
Then we have painting...hmmm...#1: my husband hates painting, plus he doesn't understand WHY I would want to paint a bedroom that is only three years old...My comforter when we moved in was sage, burgundy, and gold. With green in many places in the house, I didn't want to paint the walls sage...so I went gold. Which he hated, but let me have my way. And I have never felt like the gold was the color I was looking for and wanted. #2: How can we get new bedroom furniture without a new comforter? Oh my! Solution: my birthday is coming up! But, I do not buy expensive comforters sets because I get tired of them pretty quick. #3: Takes us back to #1...trying to convince my husband to help me paint the bedroom! After much begging, pleading, and pouting ...he agreed! YAY!!
Soooo...next weekend is moving day. We are giving the old set to the Social Butterfly...she needs it...plus we can get rid of the wicker in her room. And then it is painting time!! I have chosen a dark tanish brown with copper accents...it is going to BEE-U-TI-FUL and classy. I can't wait. Hubby about passed out when he saw the copper...but it will be amazing! I can't wait!! Pictures coming soon, I hope!
No comments:
Post a Comment