It is fitting that I officially start my blog with this hot topic...as it is THE hot topic at the Cook house! After my last "freak out" on Friday about how my social butterfly is wearing me down, literally....I have tried to step back and breathe! Being the social butterfly she is, her want to do and be everywhere is getting the best of me. It reached it's height during basketball season along with my exhaustion. Three kids in three different levels (3rd, 7th, and Sr. High) and then she was the manager of the Jr. High team. Constant running...and then we have GAS prices...uggg!!!
Don't forget the other kid, the hermit...who is whining non-stop because he just wants to be home! Well, me too!!
I guess you are wondering just what all my S.B. is in? Well, here goes:
1. Church youth group
2. Church bell choir
3. 4H
4. Destination Imagination (DI)
5. Piano lessons
6. Basketball
7. Track
8. Cross country
9. Softball
She is no longer in swim team and gymnastics.
Now, the first two go unspoken and the others are wonderful, legitimate activities. But, I have tried to explain that she can not give 100% to anything because there are so many activities. My biggest complaint is that I am to the point of not enjoying watching her because I am so tired of running her.
She is lucky that her grades have not suffered...she IS a smart little lady.
I am hoping and praying it will get easier once her Daddy is working in town. I do not know what I would do without my friends that help me also! Especially on Tuesday and Thursday when I teach after school.
Now, I know what is on your mind, just tell her NO! Well, I did that this weekend with track and the coach emailed me begging me to let her run, that they "need" her.
I don't really know the answer other than take a deep breath and try to understand these are things that are important to her...and the hermit and I are going to have to just grin and go with it!
No comments:
Post a Comment